My name is Andreas Schmidt. I am a 2nd semester master student of Computer Science at Saarland University. In addition to that I am a Software Developer and a major amount of my spare time is dedicated to voluntary work for Deutsche Lebens-Rettungs-Gesellschaft (DLRG). Finally, I also enjoy dancing, reading and listening to all kinds of music.
- Position-Portal (Customer Portal for Monitoring and Measurement Visualization)
- OpenFlow at Saarland University (Software-Defined Networking Research)
- SDN-Visualization (Network Monitoring Application)
- Capsulator (Traffic Multiplexer Web Interface)
- AV Suite (Factory Monitoring Web Application as part of SINNODIUM)
- MenSaar (UdS Mensa App for WP7)
- DLRG Bezirk Homburg (Administration, Editorial)
- DLRG OG Kirkel (Administration, Editorial)
- Plan Aktionsgruppe Saarbrücken (NPO, that raises money for charity projects)
- Interactive Visualization of Software Defined Networks (Bachelor Thesis)
Archive (some projects I passed to others and those that are no longer online)
- Winter 2013: MathOverflow (curve plotting tool)
- 2010 - 2013: DLRG OG Homburg (administration, editorial)
- 2008 - 2010: Saarpfalz-Gymnasium (my former secondary school)
- 2007 - 2010: SPG Informatik (the faculty of computer science at my secondary school)
- 2006 - 2008: Wäller vom Bärenbrunnerhof (website for a dog breeder)
Education & Work
- 04/2014 - now: Study of Computer Science (Master) at Saarland University
- 10/2011 - 03/2014: Bachelor of Computer Science at Saarland University
- 10/2013 - 03/2014: Teaching Assistant at the Telecommuncations Lab (Saarland University)
- 05/2013 - now: Research Assistant at the Telecommuncations Lab (Saarland University)
- 07/2010 - now: Freelance work for Position-Control GmbH
- 10/2010 - 06/2011: Freiwilliges Soziales Jahr as a first-aid instructor for Malteser Hilfsdienst
- 06/2010: Abitur at Saarpfalz-Gymnasium Homburg
- 01/2008: Industrial placement at SPS Computers
Starting in 2010 I spent more than two years with C# as my primary programming language and XAML for desktop user interfaces.
If you want to learn more, please check out the projects above.
Here is an abridged list of the textbooks I read over the last few years. I enjoyed reading them very much, so I recommend them wholeheartedly. The list is ever growing and updated from time to time. (alphabetical order)
Since December 2004 I am a member of DLRG. From 2004 to 2009 I did all lifesaving badges and the snorkel diving badge. Now I am giving courses and attending advanced courses and seminars. Currently I am working on the Lehrschein.
From 2010 on, I spend about five weekends a year with lifeguarding. In 2011 I was in Borkum for one week and took part in ZWRD-K. I completed my Fachausbildung Wasserrettungsdienst in mid 2012 and in September 2012 I passed the coxswain examination.
Back in 2010 I started to teach lifeguarding and normally I have one course per season. In addition to that I hold our yearly first-aid course which is associated with the examinations for lifesaving badges and mandatory for our active lifeguards. This is the complete (and growing) list:
- Season 2013/14: Trainer for Seepferdchen.
- March 2013: First-Aid course for our active lifeguards.
- Season 2012/13: Trainer for Seepferdchen.
- May 2012: First-Aid course for lifesaving badges.
- March 2012: First-Aid course for our active lifeguards.
- Season 2011/12: Trainer for DJSA Gold; Assistant for Schnorcheltauchabzeichen.
- April 2011: First-Aid course debut.
- Season 2010/11: Assistant for DJSA Gold.