My name is Andreas Schmidt. I am a 5th semester student of Computer Science (with Electrical Engineering as minor subject) at Saarland University. In addition to that I am a Software Developer and a large amount of my spare time is dedicated to voluntary work for DLRG.
- Position-Portal (ASP.net MVC Customer Portal)
- OpenFlow CP-PRRT Capsulator (C++ tunneling software for OpenFlow)
- OpenFlow VIZ (OpenFlow Visualization Web Application)
- MathOverflow (HTML5 Curve Plotting Tool)
- MenSaar (UdS Mensa App for WP7)
- DLRG Bezirk Homburg (administration, editorial)
- DLRG OG Kirkel (administration, editorial)
- MPS-Data (corporate website)
- Plan Aktionsgruppe Saarbrücken (NPO, that raises money for charity projects)
Archive (some projects I passed to others and those that are no longer online)
Education & Work
- 10/2011 - now: Study of Computer Science at Saarland University
- 10/2013 - now: Teaching Assistant at the Telecommuncations Lab (Saarland University)
- 05/2013 - now: Student Assistant at the Telecommuncations Lab (Saarland University)
- 07/2010 - now: Freelance work for Position-Control GmbH
- 10/2010 - 06/2011: Freiwilliges Soziales Jahr as a first-aid instructor for Malteser Hilfsdienst
- 06/2010: Abitur at Saarpfalz-Gymnasium Homburg
- 01/2008: Industrial placement at SPS Computers
Since December 2004 I am a member of DLRG. From 2004 to 2009 I did all lifesaving badges and the snorkel diving badge. Now I am giving courses and attending advanced trainings and seminars.
From 2010 on, I spend about five weekends a year with lifeguarding. In 2011 I was in Borkum for one week and took part in ZWRD-K (see big picture above). Last year I completed my Fachausbildung Wasserrettungsdienst and in September I passed the coxswain examination.
Back in 2010 I started giving lifeguarding trainings myself and normally I have one course per season. In addition to that I hold our yearly first-aid course which is associated with the examinations for lifesaving badges and mandatory for our active lifeguards. This is the complete (and growing) list:
- Season 2013/14: Trainer for Seepferdchen.
- March 2013: First-Aid course for our active lifeguards.
- Season 2012/13: Trainer for Seepferdchen.
- May 2012: First-Aid course for lifesaving badges.
- March 2012: First-Aid course for our active lifeguards.
- Season 2011/12: Trainer for DJSA Gold; Assistant for Schnorcheltauchabzeichen.
- April 2011: First-Aid course debut.
- Season 2010/11: Assistant for DJSA Gold.